Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Mont Saint Michel


Today I write about the city about I would like to visit.
I very like to visit and live (all my life) in this place, is The Mont Saint Michel a perfect and magic place. The Mont Saint Michel is a French commune of the Manche, in the region of Lower Normandy,  it’s situated on a rocky island in a tidal estuary of the river Couesnon.
 The architecture of Mont Saint-Michel is fantastic and for this reason is the most popular tourist site in Normandy and one of the first in France, with some 3.200.000 visitors each year. A statue of San Miguel Archangel placed at the top of the abbey church stands 170 meters above the shore.
The most wonderful in the Mont Saint - Michel is that in the day is you are in the abbey you see also the sand around, but just before the sun hide, in few minutes the abbey to transform radically and the ocean to surround the Mont. This is very magic!!!
I really like to go with my little daughter, I don’t  saving money to go there, but is very probably that  in few years the Mont saint Michel to receive our visit, I’m sure that she enjoy very much this trip !

2 comments:

  1. Really? Can you tell me why you lived in France?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why?
    mmm....I went with my ex-husband, who completed his doctorate there ;)

    ReplyDelete