Thursday, January 26, 2012

THE ENVIRONEMENTAL - ISM !!


I think people learn environmental practices from the family, society, and also from organizations related to this topic.
Personally, practiced recycling in France, where I lived for 4 years. Everyone recycling practiced, and there was much support from the authorities to do so. Everywhere there were special landfills, there was information available and make profits from these practices were known and internalized by all.
Also, the means of transportation was very convenient and helps a lot for not using car.
Currently I do not recycle, and I think that here in Chile are not ripe for recycling to be effective, for example here in Chile is very few people know how recycling, very few people wash the cartons and bottles before depositing in landfills for recycling, very few people will remove the caps to bottles and containers and recycled separately: plactic, cartons and bottles. All this makes companies responsible for recycling to be extremely complicated in Chile, and is expensive and inconvenient in terms of money for businesses. Besides this the state here in Chile has not taken over this issue, and are only a few municipalities that have had some initiatives, which continue to be insufficient.
I do not do much to help the environment, however, I walk a lot.
I've never been associated with any organization nor would ecological and since I do not feel comfortable being part of any of these organizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment